Friday, June 24, 2011

Yard Work

Spent the morning (like from 8 to 11!) pulling weeds off the herb hill (you have to say that with a cockney accent and drop the "h").  The front is looking pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.  I moved around a few herbs that were being crowded out by others or weren't getting enough sun.  

 Doesn't the front look so different from when we bought it?
The hill is looking more lush:
 A pepper ready for its closeup!
 I know it doesn't look it, but I did a lot of weeding, like 4 buckets full today.



We started a veggie garden up next to the house.  It's a small plot, but it gets lots of sun and has good soil.  We had several "compost volunteers" and we planted several tomatoes, eggplant, raspberries, and squash.  We harvested our first zucchini the other day and it's on tonight's menu.
 From the terrace:
Almost ready to pick.
And the view from the terrace.  I never get tired of this view.


No comments:

Post a Comment