Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cool People!

Okay, if you come to this blog to see mediocre pictures of my house and garden, you can skip this post.  I tend to be too into the moment to remember to take pictures to post to the blog.  So, this is a wordy post, but no pics.  Next time!

Over my break I met not one, but TWO fabulous women who blog.

I met Linda of Haven on Hanover who lives just a few blocks from me.

And, I met Connie of Hartwood Roses.

Linda and I have posted comments on one another's blogs for a while and have a poodle mutual admiration society.  We had been trying to arrange a dog walk for ages and finally got the chance over spring break.  Her white poodle, Lion, is a big love and he and Vivian had a great time romping together in the park.  A few days later, P and I ventured into the Fan and she showed me her house and it is truly lovely.  The five of us (including dogs) took a walk around the Fan, got to have an adventure by rescuing a lost lab/pit mix.  I hope we get the chance to do many more walks this summer.

On Thursday of spring break, P and I were heading up to DC to see the Gauguin exhibit at the National Gallery (one of my favorite places to see an exhibit).  Just outside of Richmond, I hit on a brilliant idea to call up a perfect stranger and ask if we could drop in with about 30 minutes notice (have I said that I'm a bit slacking in the planning department?).  Connie, graciously said "Sure come on!"  She took me and P around her fabulous antebellum restoration home as well as through the gardens and outbuildings.  Amazing lady with a lot of energy!

I saw Connie again at the Lewis Ginter plant show where she was selling some of her heirloom roses.  I picked up a "Black Ice" from her and it's going to be the centerpiece of my mini rose garden.

Without the blog, I probably would never have had the opportunity to meet these lovely ladies.  What an unexpected gift.

Who have you met by blogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment