Thursday, May 19, 2011

Random thoughts on design

First,  thank you to everyone who posted a comment yesterday.  It was the cherry on my sundae (hmm, maybe I should have posted that last Sunday, oh well).  It did really make my day.

Given that I've spent the past three weekends gardening, I don't have anything house related to post just yet.  We're going to get back on house reno this weekend.  I should have something to post then.

So, in the mean time, I saw these two pics and just had to comment.

I can't say that I have brilliant taste or a stellar design style.  Maybe I'm too "bougie" or "pedestrian" or even "low class".  I'm willing to accept that.  But some of this stuff, it just hits me between the eyes like a bullet, and that's not a good thing.   Let's examine, shall we?

Remodelista featured a hotel in Turkey.
This lighting fixture looks exactly like my car's air filter.  I'm not a mechanic and I don't change my own oil or anything, but I can recognize an air filter.  Not sure it's something I would want in my dining room.  I would kill for a pair of chairs like that however. 

Now, you know that if you had this bedroom in your house, someone (most likely me) would hang their dirty clothes from those branches, right?  Night gown, sweats, dirty jeans, all of it would get draped over those branches.

Do you ever just look at some images and think "um...wha?"?

No comments:

Post a Comment