Friday, July 22, 2011

Paintapalooza!

I'll let the pictures do the talking:



















I can't believe I lived with the ugly for so long.  Obviously, I am not quite done.  I'm still painting the balusters on the stairwell, hence the blue tape.  I'm working on putting in missing moldings. I also have a stencil for the risers.  My hand needs a few weeks to recover before tackling those jobs.

It feels so much cleaner and fresher.  Looking back, it amazes me that we could see any potential in that hideousness.

The color is Valspar Granite Dust and I really love it.  It's a very green grey that changes color drastically through the day, sometimes a deeper grey, others very green.  I love how color does that.

What do you think?  Not bad for two years worth of work.


I've linked up to Remodelaholic's Friday Link Party




4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! What a transformation!

    I think every old house was subjected to that awful mustard color ... and oriental-ish wallpaper. Ours was flocked. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job tackling such a massive amount of painting! You are really transforming that place! I love the fresh white trim and the gray color you chose for your walls. Visiting from Remodelaholic - I'm glad you linked up. :)
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Brooklyn Limestone, who would have thought that much georgousness was under all that stufff!!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hartwood: That orientalish wallpaper was actually paneling. EVERY INCH of this house was covered in paneling, and under than was 3-5 layers of wallpaper and paint that I stripped two summers ago. No flocked or foiled papers, thankfully!

    Meredith: Thanks for your kind words. It's been a two year labor of love. Thanks for checking us out.

    Sense of Design: Thanks! It's mind boggling to go back and look at the ugliness that it was. Thankfully, we got the smell out first!

    ReplyDelete