After that, we came home and each went to work. P tackled her backdoor/fridge hole area and I went down to the basement to clean up the mess I made last week when looking for round nose pliers to string crystals on those sconces I showed you last week. That project is still in progress and hopefully I'll have pics and a post on that later on this week. In any case, the search for the pliers illustrated the mess that was the boxes of art crap I had piled up down there. So over the past week or so, I've been trying to unpack, organize, clean out and tidy up. Finished that this afternoon. Unfortunately, it's not very picture worthy. Suffice it to say, I can now find all my stuff and have cleared off both work tables down there.
P's project does have some photo evidence. Here's one of the earliest before pics:
This was from our earliest walkthroughs. The doorway on the right led into the sunroom. The one on the left is the backdoor to the back yard. Dig the plastic pearly brown tiles, floral curtain, and yellow/brown plaid wallpaper. YUCK!
A middling pic before we moved in. I'd primed the plastic tiles:
Once we had stripped and repainted the back door:
Last week, P got excited and did this:
And pretty soon it looked like this:
And tonight it looks like this:
The box is the old built in ice box. Sometime in the distant past, they removed the doors and drywalled over the hole. We knew it was still there behind the drywall because the box is still outside on the back porch. So, P went ahead and opened it up. We need to wire an outlet there and then slide in a beverage fridge. Thereby honoring the original architecture, but with a modern twist. If we still had the original doors, we would have restored it, but they were long gone.
I'm going to try and post at least once a day this week with updates on our progress, so keep checking back.