Monday, April 18, 2011

Staircase inspiration

Work continues.  No great pics to throw up today so instead I'm going to post about inspiring staircases.

I love this bindweed patterned wallpaper on the risers:
Source:  Ferm Living

These are my favorites however:
Source: Sugar City Journal

I really want to find a wallpaper or stencil to mimic this.  I love the blue and white, the classic damask pattern, and the slightly unexpected surprise of it.  I am thinking wallpaper would be best to hide all the dings and dents in the risers.  It's also easiest to undo (if the risers are primed properly).  

Then I want to add dust corners.  Are you familiar with these little bits of Victoriana?  They are small metal triangles that nail into the corners to keep the dust out and look like this:


Installed they look like this:
Source: 5monsters

What do you think?  Opinions?  

1 comment:

  1. You jogged my memory with the dust corners. My grandma's staircase had those.

    ReplyDelete